Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week 28...

In front of the hotel....
At Hugo Frogs... a great local seafood place.
Sitting in Millennium Park
Enjoying the beautiful scenery, buildings, and sculptures.
In front of the BEAN... Notice the reflection of the clouds and buildings... beautiful!
The nurse called with the results of my tests! My blood sugar level was 53... which means my sugar levels are VERY low. So I am on the opposite end of the Diabetes spectrum. I have always had hypoglycemia and that plays a role in my numbers. The Doc suggested that I eat 6 small means throughout the day to prevent crashes in my sugar levels. I went to Publix last night and stocked up on healthy snacks and fruit! My iron level was 36.1 which means I will NOT need an iron supplement! YAY! Overall the test results were positive and we are moving right along toward the finish line. My next visit is Monday, November 3rd!
We are back from CHICAGO!! We had an absolute blast! We went to the John Hancock building, ate at the Signature room on the 94th floor, did an architectural boat tour, millennium park, grant park, Chicago Zoo, Trump Building, Sears Tower, Navy Pier several art galleries, 100's of shops -Barneys, Tiffany & Co., etc., did a huggies commercial, and had a bite to eat EVERYWHRE in the city. I think I have gained 10 pounds... not due to pregnancy!
Yes... I did say that I did a Huggies Commercial! They had a huge van set up and we made our way over to see if they were giving out coupons for diapers... (we have become very thrifty) To our surprise they were filming a huggies commercial highlighting the 30 years they have been in buisness. They were interviewing moms and soon to be moms... They asked me if I would like to participate and of course I couldn't pass it up!
It is nice to be home and back to a normal schedule especially for little Shug... we had to board him and it broke my heart! I hate leaving him... he gets so spoiled going to Auburn, the beach, and Montgomery with us! He is really a good pup and travels well... he would have loved Chicago! If you ever get the opportunity to visit the Windy City ... I encourage you to go!

No comments: