Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter is ....

Jesus Christ's victory over DEATH!
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live."
-John 11: 25
York is a very blessed (S-P-O-I-L-E-D) baby boy!
Above: 4 Easter Baskets that York received from family
Grandaddy, Mimi, York, and Dad
Basket #1 from Mae-Mae and Rae-Rae filled with marshmallow bunnies... His FAV!
Basket #2 from Poppy (my dad) with 3 trucks and these amazing peanut butter eggs!! (mom enjoyed those a little too much!)
Basket # 3 from Ya-Ya! Filled with wonderful Beach gear and bubbles!
Basket #4 from Mom and Dad... that looked a little sad after all of the others!!
He is Risen ... INDEED!!
Attempting Family photo
Cousin Love
Sleepy bunny!
Sweet Caroline
TOO much candy...
Uncle Chance and Wesley
Momma Jo, York, and Rafe
G.T., Goggie, and York
Uncle C and York man
Sugar High #1
Sugar High #2
Drivin' Poppy's tractor!!!



This KID loves OUTSIDE!! He enjoyed last Saturday riding the tractor, throwing rocks, climbing trailers, and many other "man" things with Poppy! We had a fabulous Easter and enjoyed spending time with the ones we love. What an amazing gift ... eternal life granted to all who believe in him. Easter (as with most religious holiday's) are overshadowed with the candy and gifts of the season. It is hard sometimes to explain to little ones in words they understand the true reason to celebrate. I will make it my mission to do my very best to teach York the real reason for our Holiday fun. I want him to enjoy all the extras but most importantly know in his heart why we have them. Even this year, we walked outside to our cross in the yard and we would say "Cross". As I switched the sash from purple to black and finally to white I would explain the reasons... I know he doesn't understand but one day he will and maybe next year he can change the sashes with me and know exactly what they represent! It is a wonderful time of year and other than the pollen (Ah-chew!) flowers are blooming, grass is growing, and the sky is a perfect shade of blue. God's creation is unbelievably beautiful. Let me remind you to just look outside and say "Thanks!"... our Lord is pretty Great!

No comments: