Tuesday, July 24, 2012

9:44 pm -the perfect time

Holding sweet Ramsay minutes after his birth...

Proud DAD

Perry gave the first kiss and HEAD BUTT!

These turkey's gave the hopsital a run for their money! WILD WILD WILD

Attempt at family photo .. York refused!

Sweet boys wearing their BIG, MIDDLE (and Little was taking a break) shirts!

The only pic we have a as family of 5 (so far) with mom!

My 3 SONS

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." Provers 16:9

This verse provides explaination of how my heart feels... GOD had a different idea of how Ramsay's entrance into this world would be.  Wes and I got to the hospital for induction at 5:30am and we began paperwork for the big show!  By 9 AM we had our pitocin and were well on our way to having a baby.  My contractions became regular and intense so we got the epidural.  I progressed to 4-5 centimeters by 3pm but didn't budge from there.  Around 8pm we made the only decision left... c-section.  I can't explain the flood of emotions at that time.  I knew in the back of my mind that that was always a possibility but after 2 vaginal births I didn't think we would get there.  I was upset, angry, hurt, exhausted, and every other emotion you can imagine.  I wanted to cry but what go would that do?  This baby needed to be born and this was the only way. ((((( Then they laid the big question on me:  "Will we tie your tubes?".  For everyone that knows me or reads this blog you know that I have said 100 times that this is the LAST baby, the finale to the Harless heard, the END!  But when asked in that kind of situation (laboring for 13 hours) the "fix" that would forever keep our party at 5!  I couldn't make it... I couldn't tell her that I was 100% percent done with making and having these miracles.  Now  ----- fast forward to 8 days post c-section.  I can tell you that I AM DONE.  I would never ever ever want another cesarean!  WOW all you c-section mommies (mainly my mother who had 3!) you are amazing!)))))  At 9:30pm we prepared for surgery and at the perfect time of 9:44pm my third little angel was brought into this world. Although not so little... rocking a big 7lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches long!  He is my biggest baby so far and the most content.  He is such a wonderful baby.  A huge difference from Mr. P who had colic and cried most of the time for the first 4 months.  He fits in perfectly with this wild bunch and can sleep through all of their noise.  The boys are enamoured by him (which will soon fade) but right now I am soaking it up.  They both want to hold him, give him his bottle (or Drink as Perry says), and put the paci back in CONSTANTLY!  They want to know why he doesn't have teeth, why he cant give "bumps" or high fives, why his belly button looks like a boo boo, why he looks cross eyed at times, why his head rolls around, why his tee tee is so red, etc.  I am loving answering their curious questions and seeing their minds compute.

 Although the birth wasn't exactly perfect the reception at home has been beyond amazing.  Wesley has been a nervous wreck and I think we are both glad he has gone back to work... he is a worrier by nature and to be home with a "gimp" wife, 2 wild Indians, and a newborn has been a bit much!  He has been wonderful and I couldn't ask for better help or father.  He is a wonderful Daddy but needs a break too! ((by the way... I'm still waiting on mine! ha!)  So we will see how life with 3 will go in the next weeks considering I can't drive, walk up stairs, or pick up my beautiful children.  That has been the most difficult so far... looking into Perrys eyes when he holds those hands up for me to pick him up and having to decline.  Luckily, after I showed him my scar he "sort of" understands and when he reaches up I say "remember my boo boo" and he will kiss my belly and let me hug him instead!  I'm ready to get back to a normal routine but know that will come in time.  When I got home York said, "Look mommy your belly is gone now we can play leap frog!"... I cant wait son!
Updates coming...

1 comment:

Mary V. said...

Precious! Congrats to you and your sweet family!