Friday, July 13, 2012

Time of Reflection

As I'm typing my little men are building a fort in my bedroom.  They are being kind and loving toward each other as York tries to teach P the best way to build their fort.  It forshaddows a relationship I hope always exist between the two.  York is a great big brother and takes quite alot from his little sidekick.  Perry has a much bolder personality with a quick temper.  Most of the time York handles it with ease and it makes my heart glad that he is so incredibly patient.  A characteristic that I'm learning from him!  Perry adores his brother and wants to be by his side at all times.  As I reflect on all of the wonderful moments we have had a family of 4 ... it is only natural that I wonder what a party of 5 has to offer.  I certainly hope for more giggles, hugs, wet kisses, tears, hand holding, boo boo kissing, piggy back riding, head butting, wrestling, diaper changing, occasional mental breakdown FUN. 

 3 times the love, 3 times the worry, 3 times the responsiblity, 3 times the BLESSINGS.  I get emotional thinking of how amazing these little ones are... how much they have taught me... how they love without expectations... how they trust with every inch of their being... how they soak up every word or explanation you offer... how they so easily roll with the punches... how pure their heart and thoughts are.  If we could only be a little more like them.  These little bitty people are God's greatest gift and I can not express my appreciation to our Lord for allowing me to experience this... 3 times.

Here we are again, preparing to bring another life into this world.  Packing the car, preparing the room, washing the clothing ... that is the easy part.  How do you prepare a little one for another person to join the team?  How do you tell a 3 1/2 year old and 19 month old that they will have to share mommy and daddy's time and attention?  You dont... you pray and vow to make extra time for each of your children.  You make them feel special and needed.  You make them as much of a part of the transition as you can.  This is what I hope to do in the coming days.  No matter how tired I may be I know it is so important to walk outside with York and look for tractors .. just me and him. Or take Perry to the sand box for some one on one playtime.  I want my boys to know that I am equally committed to making their life as special as possible.  I write this to keep me accountable but also as a reminder when mommy brain fails me.  These are the hardest of times but also the most incredible.  My how time flies ... it hits me each time I look into sweet York's face and realize how much changes in 3 short years.  Or I hear a new word that Perry has learned... wasn't he just born!!  Unbelievable.  This life is a WILD ride ... especially (with 3 soon to be 4) BOYS.  Its MY life and I wouldn't want it any other way.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been having a lot of the same thoughts. Thanks for sharing. Good Luck on Delivery- praying for you and Baby Ramsay!

Margaret said...

Wonderful insight! I needed to read some of this tonight, so thank you for writing it! Prayers for a smooth delivery Monday! Can't wait to see a third beautiful son of yours!

Alli and Korey said...

Found your blog through a friends blog(morgan b) and just wanted to say hi! I also just welcomed my 3rd boy in 3 years so my boys are now 3.5,2,and 10 weeks! You are going to love having three and its really not much harder than 2 : ) prayers for a safe delivery!
Alli
Nations