Friday, January 3, 2014

So this is what 5 looks like....

York-man celebrated his fifth birthday December 17!! 
Its hard for me to believe my precious preemie is the handsome young man -above.  York brings so much happiness to all he meets.  His heart is bigger and mind sharper than many adults. He has a sweet nature and caring disposition. He wants everyone to get along and love with all of their hearts. He is patient, funny, and loves Jesus.  York teaches me to always greet others with a smile and encouraging word.  He is slow to anger and would prefer to put others needs ahead of his own. I'm in awe of his tender heart. He loves his brothers and will tell you he 'loves them bigger than the sun'. He has a wonderful way of explaining his love and I never tire of hearing it.  He loves wearing boxers and sleeping without shirts. He would stay outside all day- if I let him. He is obsessed with all things that have a trailer hitch, brush guard or wench. He is very involved with his daily attire and will insist on a change if its too girly or not cool. He loves country music and can sing most on the radio. He likes his music loud and windows down. (He is my son after all). He loves to say the blessing and when we pass an ambulance he always whispers ..God take care of them. Sometimes I'll catch him shedding a tear at a sad movie or commercial and I want to wrap my arms around him and forever protect his heart!!. He loves books and will read the same one over and over until he can recite it word for word. He has great manners and I'm proud of him when he does them without prompting.  My heart swells with love as I watch him teach his brothers or take an extra moment to help them.  What a great role model he is. Lord thank you for this child. This daily reminder of how amazing and rewarding my job is. Thank you York for making it easy to come into work!!  I love you 'bigger than the sun' and can't wait for 2014 and what you'll teach me...

No comments: