Thursday, June 4, 2009

Aqua Baby...

He loves to "bite" on the handle!
Sunnin' with Daddy...
Cool shades...
Look at those MUSCLES! HaHa!
Baby and Daddy's pool time turned into nap time!
Mommy and Babies feet...
It was a little cold so York just dangled his feet!
Drying off on the Bull towel! Too Cute!
As you can see, we have been spending alot of time at the pool. York absolutely loves the water. However, he does NOT love getting lathered up with sunscreen. He tries to wiggle away as I (typical new mom) continue to re-apply often! We have found the best baby sunglasses... Thanks to Academy! We have bought sunglasses in the past and they have been too big for little one. But last week we found baby glasses that Velcro around their sweet little heads. ((kinda like goggles)) They are great... he doesn't mind wearing them either. Getting prepared to go to the pool takes as long as our entire stay at the pool. After packing the essentials (diapers/bottle/wipes/change of clothes/paci/swim diapers/etc.) ... you will need baby sunscreen, baby sunglasses, baby towel, baby pool toys ... and of course camera, mommy's pool stuff, and so on! After you get the baby in the car and the 2 other "pool bags"... I need another person to help tote this "stuff" to the pool! As with any other outing (vacation/church/dinner/etc) your baby preparation is the most important! ((I never realized how easy I had it in the past... magazine, towel, sunscreen! DONE)) Now I look like the bag lady with a child hanging off my hip! Oh well... once we get to our destination we are having a blast! KUDOS to all you other mom's who do this daily! I can not imagine having another little one... I will have to grow another set of arms...
**We are headed to the beach next week for a much needed vacation! We are going for several reasons... Fishing trip/Friends Wedding/ Wesley's bday (June 13th)/ 3 Year anniversary (June 17th)! It will be a packed week! While we are gone our little miracle baby will turn 6 months old! Half a year old... where has the time gone? I am trying to cherish each and every moment but I am already forgetting how small, fragile, and dependant this little one once was! ((Ok... so he is not starting kindergarten/ driving a car/ or applying for college)) BUT STILL.. it is bittersweet how quickly he is growing and changing. I held a friends baby (8lbs) last week and literally forgot how to hold such a small baby! I know York was half that size when we brought him home... but it seems like so long ago! York also does NOT like to be "held like a baby". He wants to stand and sit up to see everything... When he's getting sleepy and I get the opportunity to "hold him like a baby" I can hardly put him to bed. I just stare at that sweet child and thank God for allowing me to experience this kind of joy! So all of you NEW NEW mommy's ... hold on to that sweet child tight because at the blink of an eye they will be HALF A YEAR old!
***Happy Birthday Wesley
***Happy HALF Birthday Wesley York

2 comments:

TATUM BELLE said...

IT IS SO TRUE, MY "LITTLE BABY" TURNED 2 YESTERDAY. 2! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT, IT GOES BY SO FAST SO CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, CHERISHING EVERY MOMENT WHETHER IT BE BIG OR SMALL. OH YEAH AND TAKE A MILLION PICS!

The Howell's said...

That is one PRECIOUS baby you have!! I could just eat him up!! Maybe he and Anne Morgan can meet one day!! :)