Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Can life get ANY better?

Seriously... look at him! 1 year...
365 days...
52 weeks...
A year seemed to creep by until I became a mother. A year seemed to last an eternity. A year has never meant so much to me until now. Time is certainly put into perspective when you bring a child into the world. They change so much in 1 short year. They come into this world so tiny and fragile depending on you for everything. They lay in their crib so innocent and sweet and you pray over them each night that God will keep them safe. You pray that he will give you the tools and the instinct to know what is best for them. But mainly you whisper prayers of ... "Thanks!" Thanks for choosing me! Thank you for allowing me to understand unconditional love.
Thank you Lord for...
* York's smile each time I get him out of his crib in the morning!..
*his little fingers as they point out pictures in his books...
*the way he clinches his teeth each time he gets excited...
*the times he reaches up and looks at me with those amazing baby blues...
*the sweet sounds that come out of his perfectly formed lips
*the way he crosses his feet when he sits (just like his dad)
*his little dimple that gets me every time
*his sweet spirit
*his slobbery kisses
*his fat little hand as it pats my leg or back
*his excitement as Wesley pulls in the driveway
*his way of making everyone around him...HAPPY!
York has brought unexplainable joy to our lives and continues to make our days more meaningful. He has taught me the true meaning of God's ultimate sacrifice. He has taught me more in one year that I have learned in my lifetime. He has changed our world and made it complete. York is a blessing that we are most grateful for and although at times overwhelming we wouldn't trade it for anything. This year has taught me to embrace each moment and appreciate each stage for they are gone to fast.

2 comments:

Gina Harris said...

Ok, Evan this was the sweetest post! I know what it feels like to be a mom and what you explained! :) Made me cry :) Hope to see you again soon!

Robin said...

Hey Evan! I was reading your blog and saw that York had on a Little English outfit at Christmas. I work there and help with designing the clothes. If you want a discount code to use on our website email me, it changes from time to time. robinrobbs@yahoo.com