Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We're BACK!

Hello 2010... and Hello faithful Blog followers! First of all, I would like to apologize for the lengthy hiatus I have taken from my blog family! I will admit it is partly my fault... I am just now getting Internet at the new house. Yes... being without Internet (with the exception of my blackberry email/facebook) for 43 days has driven me absolutely BANANAS! Not only have I left my blog stalkers "in the dark"... I have fallen down on my own personal blog STALKING! I feel completely disconnected! (Is there a blog/facebook rehab... if so... ADMIT ME!)
So... it has been a CRAZY but AMAZING last couple of weeks! Lets rewind to Turkey Day '09! We spent Thanksgiving in Montgomery this year and had an absolute blast. I enjoyed seeing both sides of my family and sharing little man with everyone. ((As most of you know... holidays can get hairy when you have family in different towns. There is always one side that gets "jipped" and it is almost impossible to make everyone happy! O.K have a baby and multiply that feeling by 1000!! So we have adopted the "switching sides" on different holiday method. It is not the best... but it will work for now. So we spent Thanksgiving with my side and then Christmas with Wesley's ... get the picture?!)) Below are some pictures from the day...
York playing with the blinds with his precious Turkey outfit!
York with my dad (holding him) and his 4 brothers...
Scott, Randy, Jimmy, and Mike
my sweet Papa and my dad
crazy monkey trying to escape!
me, York, and Dad at Mimi Perry's home
Chance, York, me, and Sissy (Ashton)

Fast Forward to December 17, 2009... Happy First Birthday York! We had his party on December 20 and it was so much fun. Unfortunately, Mr. York had double ear infections ... but you would have never known! He was a perfect "prince"! We had family and close friends at the party and York received so many wonderful gifts. Mae-Mae (my mom) was the first guest to arrive...
Birthday Cake and "smash" cake
We did a "prince" themed party... I thought it turned out well!
My big boy!
We did a few appetizers, cake, and ice cream.
York's granddad's enjoyed the party from the stairs.
Norm "skip" and Steve Wes and York opening gifts... Thanks cousin Emily for the hat!
Dig in!
December 25, 2009... Christmas Day! We spent Christmas day/ lunch with Wesley's mom and grandparents. We had a delicious meal and enjoyed relaxing for a little while. Christmas Night we headed to Wesley's grandmothers in Trussville. We headed out the next day for Gatlinburg with my mom, step dad, brother, and sister for Christmas with them.
Our Christmas tree in the upstairs "nook" so York wouldn't be tempted!


Are all of these mine?
What a pose..
So We're Back and ready for whatever 2010 has in store for us...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad to see you're back!!! You have a beautiful home and York has grown so much! Hope 2010 is a great year for you and your family!

Take Care