Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We are keeping Perry!

Wes and I have managed to "shock the Confederate" (one of my favorite lines out of my ALL TIME FAV movie Gone with the Wind) yet again!!!  We are more than excited to be welcoming BABY number 3 in JULY!  Some of the kind comments we have received include:  "What are you thinking", "You do realize you have a NOT quite 3 year old and 1 year old!", "You have lost your MIND", "you are GLUTTON for punishment, "You do you know what causes that ...right?", and my personal favorite "I though we decided we would wait another year" -from someone other than my HUBBY!
  Our reactions haven't been rainbows and butterflies but nonetheless we are over the moon.  I wasn't able to fully embrace my pregnancy with Perry because of the difficult delivery and NICU time we experienced with York.  Although I was humbled by our God's grace and goodness once again... I couldn't shake the uneasy feelings in the back of my mind.  I went to every doctors visit with anxiety and worry that we would be in labor at any moment.  I clung to prayers and asked my Savior to not walk with me into each visit but to carry me!  If you have never delivered a child prematurely or not been able to take him home from the hospital with you ... you will not understand these feelings.  Feelings of failure, of utter defeat, and unexplainable heartache.  I didnt' want to fail again... I didn't want to put my baby into the NICU fighting for his precious life....  I couldn't relax, I couldn't breathe and enjoy every blessed day that was given to us until I watched week 34 pass then 35 and 36... I finally was able to let a huge sigh of relief and embrace the last weeks of God preparing our sweet P for this life.  And also appreciate his humor since Mr. P arrived after my due date had come and gone... This time I feel more at peace knowing that I am not in charge and have been reminded so many times.  I write this post with overflowing heart, huge smile, and complete confidence that this child will be born at God's perfect time -not mine.
We will choose to do the weekly synthetic progesterone shots that we did with Perry.  Starting at 15 weeks and continuing until 37.  For those of you who didn't follow our blog back then (I say that as if it was SO long ago... HA!) I take the shots to help prevent preterm labor... which worked amazingly well with sweet P!  We are headed back to the doc on the 28th and I'll have more information then.
As far as the brothers... York is totally into the pregnancy and asks for me to open REAL WIDE. . . so he can "talk" to the baby!!  He thinks she can hear him!  I say SHE because York is convinced it is a "girl baby".  Several weeks ago I began asking him, "York are we having a girl baby or boy baby?" and EVERY time without hesitation he replys "girl baby!".  I am NOT sold on his so scientific method but for now it is fun to ask!  He also asked if we were going to give Perry away since we are having a "new" baby.  I explained NO we would keep him.... Now when telling others that we are having another baby he adds BUT WE ARE KEEPING PERRY!  Glad he is clearing that up!! CRAZY KID!  He also has suggestions for names.... Quesadilla for girl and Tow Truck for boy.  Those are debatable.  Perry is totally unconcerned with the growing little one in my belly and contines to "eat up" his time as my precious little baby!  He is such a sweet heart and loves to cuddle (something York did NOT do) and I soak up my little lap baby!  I can't give him enough kisses or squeezes ... he truly makes my heart smile.  I'm a bit taken by my boys and proud to write it.  Check back from more baby talk...

No comments: