Monday, June 18, 2012

Daddy-O

"Don't you see that children are God's best gift, the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?  Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth.  Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!  Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep."
(Psalm 127:3-5)

We enjoyed a perfect Sunday at a new church (our second time visiting -I will post about our decision to change Churches later) celebrating Father's and their impact in our children's lives.  I'm so very blessed to have Wesley as my children's father.  He is a kind, honest, compassionate, and hard working dad.  His love for our boys is immeasurable.  He is the first to step up and help with any chore or need they may have and most of the time overindulges their every want. (Hence the 1,000,000 matchbox cars in our playroom)  He never tires of answering the question "Why" and I enjoy his "Brady-like" explanations that last several minutes.  York quietly listens as he formulates the next set of "Why's" from the lengthy (sometimes scientific) information.  I quietly giggle as I think of what my response would have been... lame in comparison!  The boys think he hung the moon and I wouldn't want it any other way.  They run to the door as he arrives in the afternoon and shower him with kisses and love pats (which quickly turn into WWF sessions).  I love their complete and absolute love for their dad and the excitement that overtakes them when seeing him at the end of the day.  (Selfishly I feel that same excitement... to know he is home safe but also that I can sit DOWN for a moment -it doesn't get more real than that folks! hehe) 

As we celebrated our Father's we almost forgot it was our 6th anniversary!  I really can not believe that in that time we have made a home together, welcomed 2 amazing little men into the world (almost 3), and have smoothly transitioned from selfish newly weds to responsible parents.  In the blink of an eye we in a different stage of life.  We went from late night movies, concerts, and spur of the moment trips TO late night feedings, 3 year old concerts of Jesus loves me, and spur of the moment potty trips.  What an interesting change of events that all parents must experience ... and while I wished we had savored those weekly "date" nights more I can not complain of the date nights I have now.  They just look a little different!  I now have 3 boys to enjoy a little date with each night... poor Wesley having to share his time with soon to be 3 other men!  Luckily he isn't the jealous type (HA!).  Our days as newly weds were filled with a long work day, meeting for dinner with interesting conversation, then home to do it all again.  Our days now although sleep deprived are filled with slobbery kisses, piggy back rides, sand box play, baby talk, occasional time out session, and lots of precious little heads resting on our chests.  You grow as a couple and Wes and I have grown as parents.  We feel the need to grow our relationship with our Savior more than ever.  As the questions and situations get harder so does our need for the perfect armor from our Lord.  We will continually search the word for suitable armor for every storm we may face as parents but we will also remember praise as we travel his glorious path.  Thank you Lord for Wes and the partnership he has given me.  Thank you for the exploding love his has for our little ones and me.  Thank you for the patience you instill in us daily and the sacrifice you made for each of us.


No comments: